Built in 1702, this is now part of the National Museum of Ireland on Benburb Street, on the north side of the River Liffey. It is called Collins Barracks today.
Originally known as The Barracks, and later The Royal Barracks, the name was changed to Collins Barracks when handed over to the Free State in 1922. It houses a permanent exhibition about the Rising, called Understanding 1916. During the Rising, the 10th Battalion of the Royal Dublin Fusiliers — an Irish infantry regiment — was deployed from the Royal Barracks.
Wolfe Tone, one of the leaders of the 1798 rebellion was convicted of treason here.